The authority in pay per call.
Palo is a pay per call marketplace that is helping publishers monetize their leads. Palo helps businesses to acquire customers by driving them inbound phone calls with highly interested customers on the other end.
The goal was to improve the user experience and user interface.
Business goal is to attract new customers and increase profit.
- UI and visuals
- 1 week, February 2019
- Pen & paper
- Adobe XD
The old website had some major issues with visual hierarchy, visual clutter, typography, colors, and media.
There were no visual hierarchy, no alignment when you look at the website you have a feeling that everything is important. Too many things are screaming and fighting for our attention.
After inspecting the website, I found 8 different fonts that were used on the website. Also, the contrast between text and background in some places didn’t meet WCAG 2.0 standards. The content wasn’t easy to scan, and users had to spend more time to find what is important to them.
Colors and media
A quick look at before and after
Fact is that we don’t read pages, we scan them.
The old website was everything, but not easy to scan, so we had to do some work to solve that.
First things first
To solve the problems and improve the user experience we had to:
- Create effective visual hierarchies
- Break pages up into clearly defined areas
- Make obvious what is clickable
- Eliminate unnecessary distractions
- Format content to support scanning
1. Create effective visual hierarchies
Make important things more prominent and less important things less prominent.
Group similar things together and display them in a the same visual style.
2. Break pages up into clearly defined areas
3. Make obvious what is clickable
4. Eliminate unnecessary distractions
- Shouting – when everything on the page is clamoring for your attention and users can be overwhelmed
- Disorganization – no using grids to align the elements on a page
- Clutter – to much stuff on the page
5. Format content to support scanning
Wireframes & Mockups
UI and Visuals
We have improved user experience on the website by making it easy to scan and understand. Users can find information and accomplish their tasks faster without unnecessary distractions that they had previously.